Hwanbyeokdang Pavilion, which is the local monument No. 1, is located on top of the hill of Jeungamchoen, which is the upstream of Gwangju Lake. The scale is three rooms in front and two rooms on the side and built with roof tiled Paljak roof. Kim Yun-Je (1501~1572), who built Hwanbyeokdang Pavilion, served as the governor of Naju, has the courtesy name Gonro and pseudonym Sachon, and was born in Chunghyo-Ri.
Pungam Pavilion is on the downstream of Wonhyo Valley, which is on top of Geumgok Village, Geumgok-Dong, Buk-Gu, Gwangju Metropolitan City. The existing pavilion was renovated by Pungam Kim Deok-Bo (1571~1621) in 1602 during the reign of King Injo of Joseon Dynasty and compared to other pavilions of the surrounding areas, which are located closed to the village, this pavilion is located deep following the side stream so it gives a feeling of tranquility like a hermitage.
Chwigajeong Pavilion is located on the mountainside of Gwangju Lake in Chunghyo-Dong so it gives an archaic atmosphere along with the Hwangbyeokdang Pavilion, Sigyeongjeong Pavilion and Soswaewon Garden. The scale is consisted of one room in front and two rooms on side with a Paljak roof, and Chwigajeong was restored in 1950 by Kim Hui-Jun, a descendant of Kim Man-Sik and his family after being burned to the ground during the Korean War.
It is a temple located in the Mudeung Mountain, Geumgok-Dong, Buk-Gu, Gwangju Metropolitan City. It is a branch temple of the Songgwangsa Temple, which is the main temple of the 21st parish of the Korean Buddhist Jogye Order. Around the temple a nameless tomb pagoda from Goryeo period, as well as Hoeundangbudo from the mid-Joseon period are scattered over.
The Singwangsa Temple is a branch temple of the Songwangsa Temple of the Korean Buddhist Jogye Order, which was located inside of Chosun University and relocated to the present location in 1991.
Recently as the place for Buddhist nuns to practice asceticism, the temple has been operated as a temple passing down the Buddhist laws to pray for national prosperity and the welfare of people. When the monk Choi Gyeongju took over as the head Buddhist monk, Daewoongjeon was established in 1991 and in 1992, the statue of the Buddha and Buddhist saints were enshrined.
The Kim Yong-Hak House
The Kim Yong-Hak House is a private garden from the early 20th century, which the living house and the pavilion are built in harmony on top of the hill. The arrangement of the buildings is that the men’s part of the house and main house are located in the east-west central axis to ulize the geographical feature, which is lower on the northeast and higher on the southwest. And on the left side the pond and the Haeunjeong Pavilion are located and on the back left side the Yeonpajeong Pavilion is also arranged to the east in order to harmonize with the nature.
Sihwa Culture Village
It is a cultural village where the residents decorate the village by participating with poems, drawings, sculptures, etc. and doorplates are nice flower gardens are created. It has been given the local culture brand excellence award in 2013.