National Cemetery for the May 18th Decomratic Uprising
The National Cemetery for the May 18th Democratic Uprising, located in the place with a scenic view of the Mudeungsan Mountain, is the representative historic site of the modern times that carries on the legacy of ‘Justice City Gwangju’, such as the army raised in the cause of justice for the Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592 and at the end of Joseon Dynasty, and the Gwangju Students Independence Movement during the Japanese Colonical Area, etc. This place is a national cemetery where the victims of the 5.18 Democratization Movement and the men of national merit who passed away after being injured or tortured and suffered the hardship of prison life after being imprisoned
The Chungjangsa Shrine is a shrine consisted of a shrine enshrining the ancestral tablet and portrait of General Chungjanggong Kim Deok-Ryung (1568~1595) during the Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592, an ancestral rites room, a relics house and his tomb.
The Chungminsa Shrine is located to the Jegak Unam Auditorium of Haegwang Song Je-Min, who as a leader of the Righteous Army distinguished himself in the battle of Hwangsanbeol during Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592. This is the shrine where the ancestral tablet of General Jeon Sang-Eui, who distinguished himself in the battle of Anjuseong against the invading Qing Dynasty army and died a heroic death, are enshrined.
The Gyeongnyeolsa Shrine is where the brave general Jeong Ji of the late Goryeo Period is enshrined and is the shrine where General Jeong Ji (1347-1391), who distinguished himself in repelling the Japanese raiders, is enshrined and located in the mountain behind the Bunto village located in the valley spread out under the fourth catchment area.
Doyoji is a kiln site spread out widely in the northern valley of Mudeung Mountains and is dispersed in the area of Geumgok village, which is the forked road from Chungjangsa Shrine to Gwangju Lake. Geumgok Village is formed along one side of the ridge and a massive scale kiln site remains on the opposite side of the inclined plane of the hill.