Welcome to Buk-gu Gwangju Metropolitan City
- Transport center as gateway to Gwangju with Gwangju Station and Honam Expressway.
- City of Yiehyang and Yehayng with National 5·18 Democratic Cemetery and Mudeungsan City Cultural Area.
- Masterpiece of educational city with Chonnam National University, University of Education, and Korea advanced institute for science and technology.
- Future High-tech Industrial City based on Advanced Industrial Complex and Gwangju R&D Special Zone
- Population: 178,924 households, 440,930 people
- Area: 120.3㎢(24% of Gwangju-si)
- Residential area 24.66㎢ (20.5%), Green area 87.94㎢ (73.1%), Commercial area 2.62㎢ (2.2%), and Industrial area 5.17㎢ (4.3%)
- 27 Dongs. 605 Tongs, 3,328 Bans
- Organization: 3 Bureaus 1 Corp, 1 Office 1 Officer 1 Bureau, 28 Departments(Divisions)(123 people in charge), Health center(3 Sections 1 Branch 15 people in charge), Council(3 people in charge), 27 Dongs
- Civil servants: 1,082 people